Roasted eggplant dip
Eggplants rate low on the glycemic index chart and won’t raise blood sugars as quickly as other foods that are carb-heavy. “For dipping, avoid carby veggies like corn, peas, carrots, and beets. Try tomatoes, string beans, broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, and celery,” advises Malkoff-Cohen.
- 2 eggplants, split and grilled to light char
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- ½ tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion, roasted
- 4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, kosher salt and fresh cracked, black pepper to taste.
Directions: Scoop out the flesh of eggplant with a spoon and combine first five ingredients in food processor, then pulse to semi-smooth. Add remaining ingredients in small amounts until dip reaches desired consistency and flavor.