Pregnancy is one of the most challenging times of a woman’s life. The worst part? Well, that so-called morning sickness doesn’t happen only in the morning; it lasts all day long.
You probably already know that ginger magically makes morning sickness disappear, but let’s face it – it’s not the most pleasant taste in the world. This ginger cookie recipe is everything you need to get through your pregnancy easily!
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. ground ginger
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon (I always add a dash more)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup margarine, softened (I usually go with butter, but used margarine since the recipe called for it)
1 cup white sugar
1 T orange juice
1/4 cup molasses
2 T. white sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Stir together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Add margarine and sugar to a mixer (or large bowl) and cream until light and fluffy. Beat the egg in; then add the orange juice and the molasses. (Tip for molasses: spray the inside of the measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray so it’s easier to get out)
3. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the mixer and stir. Place the dough in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes to set (otherwise they are impossible to shape!)
4. Place the 2T of sugar in a small bowl. Roll dough into small balls. Roll each ball in the 2 T of sugar and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork.
5. Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes, and then allow them to sit on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.