McDonalds Nuggets And Their 40 Humble Ingredients

Photo by bbearlyam at Shutterstock


While some of these ingredients may have sounded scary and intimidating, most of them also double in other areas. And the reality is that they probably aren’t going to stop anyone from eating at McDonald’s. And another thing…what kind of chicken is in the Nuggets? They’re actually made with 100% chicken breast meat.

Unfortunately, the percentage of the total recipe, when the batter, seasoning, and oil to cook the nuggets are taken into account, chicken meat makes up only 45% of the entire nugget. The other ingredients take up the additional 55%. The good thing is that they’re low-calorie.

McNuggets are high in unhealthy fats and sodium but are less likely to do you any harm if eaten only a few times a month as part of an otherwise healthy diet.

Tip: Food writer Steve Ettlinger and photographer Dwight Eschliman deconstructed food to show what it’s made up of in their The book, “Ingredients: A Visual Exploration of 75 Additives & 25 Food Products“, Mcdonalds nuggets among them.

…If This Was Helpful, You May Want To Check Out: Could YOU Eat These Tempting 10 Fast Foods Daily?

PREV12 3

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You might also find interesting :

fast food

37 Fast Food Items You Should Try At Least Once

McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish Sandwich: The Filet-O-Fish owes its popularity to being a solid alternative to a burger for non-beef-eaters. There is a tremendous rise in sales during Lent because many people

food poisoning

11 Shocking Food Poisoning Stories

Clenbuterol And Snakes This is one of the strangest cases of food poisoning. 13 people in China were hospitalized after eating snakes in 2010. But, the snake didn’t directly cause

eat healthy & recipes

7 Foods You Should NOT Eat As Leftovers

Beets Many studies have found that the nitric oxide contained in these scarlet root vegetables can give your workout a serious boost and may help blood pressure. But those same


8 Reasons Why Vikings Were the Best Eaters

Fatty Fish Salmon, herring, or mackerel are a must, according to specialists in the Scandinavian Diet. Fish is filled with omega-3 fats. It’s rich in protein and other nutrients and


5 Foods That Power Up Your Workout

Coffee Runners love a cup of pre-race joe for the pep it puts in their step. “Research shows that the caffeine in coffee can enhance physical endurance and stamina, making

beauty & tips


23 Best Family Restaurant Chains in America

4. Johnny Rockets Average Cost Of Entrée: $9.15 Still bringing that brand of California cool to customers, Johnny Rockets, which was founded in 1986, greets diners with 1950s-themed decor, complete

12 Foods That Interrupt Your Sleep Schedule

So What CAN You Eat? Try eating foods with good sources of tryptophan that will enhance your body’s melatonin and serotonin production. This includes things like eggs, walnuts, cherries, salmon,

24 Things To Do With Food Scraps

APPLE AND POTATO PEELS: Peeling some spuds to make mashed potatoes? Toss the skins in the oven, and they come out as a crispy snack that are a cross between

20 Natural Ways To Reduce Bloating

Belly looking like you swallowed a beach ball? Nobody likes that bloated, miserable feeling you get after eating certain foods. Sometimes this bloat is simply caused by temporary gas. But

9 Reasons You Need More Turmeric In Your Life

Digestion Traditional medicine suggests drinking raw turmeric juice to relieve indigestion and heartburn. Like any other anti-inflammatory food, turmeric has multiple positive effects on the digestive system because of its

From Our Network