- Coffee: The worst time to have coffee is 6 hours before sleep since it can have significant and disruptive effects on sleep. Also, avoid any coffee-flavored treats like cappuccino-flavored ice cream before bedtime.
- Dark chocolate: A piece or 2 for dessert is fine, but an entire bar can affect your sleep because it also contains caffeine.
- Alcohol: Studies have shown that while alcohol may help you fall asleep faster, it negatively affects your REM sleep cycle, which can harm next-day concentration, memory, and motor skills.
- High-Fat Foods: Foods that have a high-fat content will make people feel sleepy in the daytime. They interrupt your sleep at night. They cause a feeling of discomfort. So it’s best to avoid burgers, pizzas, or fries before bedtime.
- Spicy food: There’s a change in body temperature when a person consumes spicy food, and you can also get heartburn from it when you lie down. Both these factors can disturb your sleep.
- Grapefruit: This fruit is full of vitamins and nutrients, including Vitamin C and potassium, but it’s also very acidic, and eating it before your bedtime may cause acid reflux and heartburn. Don’t stop eating grapefruit. Just eat it in the morning and never after dinner.
- Sweet Sauces: Sweet sauces such as salad dressings, ketchup, barbecue sauce, steak sauce, mayo, and pasta sauce can all have large amounts of sugar. Keep that in mind when consuming them.
- High Protein Foods: Eating high protein foods too close to bedtime, such as steak, puts stress on your digestive system, and they take hours to digest. Because high protein animal products are usually high in fat, they can also be inflammatory and even cause GI issues and heartburn.
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower takes time to digest, meaning your body needs time to work on it, so this can disturb your sleep. Try to avoid cauliflower before bedtime.
- Celery: Even though they’re super crunchy and satisfying, celery and other foods with higher water content like watermelon, cucumbers, and radishes are natural diuretics that will cause you to wake up in the middle of the night, running for the bathroom, disrupting your slumber.
- Tomatoes: Some people are sensitive to nightshade vegetables, such as tomatoes, causing inflammation flare-ups after eating them. This is due to solanine, a powerful inflammation stimulant in most digestive systems. Other tyramine-rich foods include eggplants, soy sauce, red wine, and aged cheeses, like brie and Stilton.
- Dessert: Foods containing large amounts of sugar can make you feel energized and awake no matter what time of day it is.
12 Foods That Interrupt Your Sleep Schedule
You might also find interesting :
Disclaimer: Reading this article will make you very, very hungry!!! McDonald’s French Fries: Did you know that 7 percent of potatoes grown in the US become fries at this fast
Beaver Tail: During the fur trade boom in the 17th and 18th centuries in colonial America, beaver meat became very popular meat to eat, tail included. It was described as
Which Red Flags? Sure, you can read plenty of reviews online and get a sense of what other people are saying, but what if you don’t have the time to
Oreos: That double middle part had us all fooled. Although it’s been up for debate whether or not Oreos are actually vegan, the general opinion is that they are. Even
Honey: This one MAY just be one of the most important endangered foods! Declining honey bee colonies means fewer amounts of honey. In addition to changes induced by global warming,
CAFFEINE AND COFFEE: Besides dehydrating your body, it also dehydrates your skin. It sucks most of your body water and plays a vital role in reducing cell size. Also, coffee
13 Foods That Can Help Whole Grains: These grains promote insulin production resulting in tryptophan activity in the brain. They also have magnesium, helping you stay asleep. When your magnesium
Philadelphia Food Poisoning Ring Herman and Paul Petrillo were career criminals in Philadelphia who formed a matrimonial agency during the 30s to help widowed women remarry and get life insurance
Whataburger: Chicken and Pancakes Craving chicken and waffles but aren’t close to any southern restaurants? Go to Whataburger. This chain’s chicken and pancakes are the next best thing. In-N-Out Burger:
Change Up Your Diet The more you let yourself eat junk food, the more you’ll be craving it. When you start eating a healthier diet one step at a time,
Bad Breath Low-carb diets are commonly higher in protein. If your balance is off, you might get a bad breath as a result. Studies on the effectiveness and safety of
Serve Sides Separately: Plate your favorite meal with multiple elements in separate dishes to bring a more homemade feel. Try serving rice in small bowls alongside. A dab of yogurt
eat healthy & recipes
Spinach & Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Servings: 4 Homemade poppy seed dressing pairs perfectly with some tender spinach, crunchy almonds, and juicy berries for an incredibly refreshing and
Here are the 40 ingredients that go into your McDonalds chicken nuggets, including one ingredient used by shoemakers! Making the nuggets, seasoning, batter, bread crumbs, and frying the chicken, McDonalds
2. Taurus (April 20-May 20) People born between April 20 and May 20 are usually down to earth people, who seek pleasure and they often like a sweet and decadent
Eggs “Eggs almost always contain salmonella,” says Kantha Shelke, Ph.D., a food scientist and principal of Corvus Blue LLC, a food science and research firm. The common method that is
7. Keto pumpkin pie If you are on Keto diet and you can’t grab a bite of the previously desserts, a low carb pumpkin would be a good idea. 8.
Vikings Ate Their Veggies! Turns out mom was right. You need to eat your veggies if you want to be big and strong! Vikings ate kale, and lots of it.
When Did Fasting First Begin? Fasting is considered one of the most ancient healing traditions in the background of humanity. The history of it dates back many centuries. It’s been
Popeyes Main Dishes: Chicken Sandwich, Chicken Tenders Sides: Cajun Fries, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Biscuits, Red Beans and Rice Breakfast?: NO Popeyes has become one of the fastest-growing fast-food establishments
4. Wiener Schnitzel Popular in the Viennese cuisine, this dish is a thin, pan fried veal cutlet. Before frying it, it’s usually breaded. It’s very popular in a lot of
Homemade poppy seed dressing pairs perfectly with some tender spinach, crunchy almonds, and juicy berries for an incredibly refreshing and easy spring salad. To make ahead, whisk dressing, combine salad
When people say America one of the main things they think about is a big juicy burger. Why is that you may wonder? Because among other things, the U.S. is
While many “experts” boast the benefits of keto and other diets, the Mediterranean diet has a successful track record that dates back centuries. The Mediterranean diet was declared the healthiest
Coffee Runners love a cup of pre-race joe for the pep it puts in their step. “Research shows that the caffeine in coffee can enhance physical endurance and stamina, making
If you want to make a positive change in your lifestyle, but don’t know where to begin, Mediterranean diets are a great start. In fact, going for this kind of
For someone who’s never done it before, giving up on meat and dairy seems a pretty drastic decision. Right now, most people are trying this diet out for a month
With so much accessibility to information right now, it really seems like everything you considered to be right is wrong – and vice versa. While one nutritionist recommends a certain
beauty & tips
What Ails You? LOSS OF APPETITE: Dandelion, celery, turnip leaf, radish. ARTHRITIS: Celery, cucumber, carrot, endive, apple. ASTHMA: Carrot, garlic, spinach, endive, apricot. BOILS: Carrot, spinach, cucumber. BODY CLEANSER: Celery,
1. Steak n Shake Average Cost Of Entrée: $4.39 Established in 1934 in Illinois, the name of this retro-style chain says it all: “steak” is for the brand’s premium “steakburger,”
1. McDonald’s McDouble Nutritional Info: 22 g protein, 390 calories, 18 g fat, 850 mg sodium, 33 g carbs This one’s on our list for good reason! For such a
1. Chill every ingredient (Yes, the flour too) It may sound a little drastic and extreme, however in order to achieve that melt in the mouth crust. While preparing the
Coffee: The worst time to have coffee is 6 hours before sleep since it can have significant and disruptive effects on sleep. Also, avoid any coffee-flavored treats like cappuccino-flavored ice
HERB STEMS: Did you cut the leaves off of an herb to use them in a meal? You can still use the rest of those stems! After we pluck the
If you tried at least once to keep a healthy lifestyle then you know how expensive it can be, which is why most people decide to quit in the first
Belly looking like you swallowed a beach ball? Nobody likes that bloated, miserable feeling you get after eating certain foods. Sometimes this bloat is simply caused by temporary gas. But
1. Waffle House: The grits may be sitting there for hours, and workers will keep them looking fresh even though they cost very little. 2. Burger King: They don’t actually
More and more people are thinking about eating less meat these days. Whatever the reason, let’s find out exactly how a meat-free diet can affect your body. A vegan
Caffeine gets classified as a drug because it acts as a stimulant to the central nervous system. And like all other drugs, caffeine has adverse side effects, and it’s not
Detox Have you tried adding turmeric root to your detox juice yet? Turmeric is a liver lover! Since the liver is an essential organ involved in detoxification, Turmeric contributes to