Even though breakfast may be the most essential meal of the day, a low-calorie one should be balanced with proteins, carbs, and good fats. Eating a healthy meal in the morning lets you face the day with better stamina. As you look at each breakfast idea, don’t be afraid to use your imagination where possible and create your ideal breakfast.
Remember to consider vitamins and minerals in your choices because some foods give their calories from their sugar and fat but give you few nutrients. Keep reading for some handy tips and tricks!
- For a quick and easy meal, take two whole wheat slices of toast, add an egg white, slather a tablespoon of jam or honey and margarine on the slices. Drink down with some herb tea, and you’ve got your protein, fiber, iron, and calcium for just 200 calories!
- For some extra protein, take half a cup of oatmeal, add a sliced apple. Along with one slice of wholemeal bread with honey and a small glass of skimmed milk. With this breakfast, you consume 278 calories.
- If you’re looking for a very low-calorie count but want good protein, and for your meal to be filling, try a turkey bacon slice, mushroom, tomato, egg white. Put it on a slice of bread, and enjoy it with a small yogurt. Your calorie count will be 188.
- Try two poached egg whites, spinach, and a tbsp of fetta cheese on a slice of bread for some good fats. Savor your meal with a small yogurt but with a handful of raisins or cherries. This idea is worth 239 calories.
- For a healthy dose of vitamins, we’ve got you covered with a sliced banana on one toast, spread over half a cup of cottage cheese along with a sliced apple. 239 is the calorie number on this one.
- Another low-calorie option to try is an egg white on toast and add some spinach, with a tbsp of fetta cheese. Pair it with half a cup of rice milk, and you’ve got yourself a 199 calorie delicious breakfast.
- As a good option for protein, try eating a small pancake and add on top 2 tbsp of ricotta cheese, with a side of grapefruit. This one comes in at a small amount of just 190 calories.
Our point is that with a bit of creativity, you can come up with a healthy but delicious breakfast, and our choices for you won’t require a lot of time or money to make. Don’t forget that an increased calorie consumption can result in obesity and diabetes, especially when you overeat on an empty stomach.
Try our low-calorie breakfast ideas to make your breakfasts healthy, and let us know what your favorite breakfast was!