Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup of softened butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and butter until fluffy and light. Beat in the banana, egg, and vanilla.
- Combine the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour and add it gradually to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop in tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 13-16 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.