Cherry with Spice Rice Pudding
- 4 cups of cooked long-grain rice
- 1 can (12oz) of evaporated milk
- 1 cup of 2% milk
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of dried cherries
- 3 tablespoons of softened butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- In a big bowl, combine the rice, milk, evaporated milk, water, and sugar. Afterwhich, stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer them to a 3-qt. slow cooker previously coated with cooking spray and cover.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours or until the mixture has thickened. Lightly stir before serving. You can serve warm or cold and refrigerate any leftovers.
- Top your dessert with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon to give it some extra flavor.
- To make it a fun “adult” dessert item, first soak the cherries in alcohol.
- In this recipe, you can use any combination of dried fruits.