TUESDAY: Triple Berry-Quinoa Salad
This vegetarian main-dish salad features sweet berries, crunchy almonds, pungent goat cheese, and lots of fresh herbs. Serve it as a light, refreshing dinner, or make it on Sunday and dole it out for lunch for most of the week. It’s loaded with protein and fiber, and it holds well in the fridge for three or four days (just pack almonds separately to preserve their crunch). For milder onion bite, soak the slices in cold water for a few minutes, then rinse and pat dry.
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup halved small strawberries (quartered if large)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries (halved if larger)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped roasted, unsalted almonds
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups)
HOW TO MAKE IT:
Step 1: Combine lime zest, lime juice, oil, honey, salt, and pepper in a small jar; shake well to combine.
Step 2: Combine quinoa, berries, parsley, onion, and basil in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to combine. Top with almonds and goat cheese.