As one of the greatest events of each year, Superbowl is the perfect occasion to get together with your loved ones and have a great time. As we all can agree, one of the key elements of at-home entertainment is enjoying a good, tasty meal while watching the show. Today, we have 3 simple recipes that don’t require too much time so your friends and family can get a proper taste of this year’s event. Enjoy!
Clam Chowder Dip in a Bread Bowl
Recipe ingredients & instructions found on Delish.com
- 1 15-oz. can clam chowder
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 boule, top part removed
- Dried parsley, for garnish
- Saltines, for serving
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine clam chowder, cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to bread bowl and place on a baking sheet.
Bake until completely warmed through and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish with dried parsley and serve with saltines.
Korean Pineapple Beef Lettuce Wraps
Recipe ingredients & instructions found on Goodhousekeeping.com
- 1/4 c. pineapple juice
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 lb. sirloin, strip steak, or boneless short rib, frozen until just solid (45 to 60 minutes)
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Lettuce leaves, cooked sticky rice, scallions, red chiles, and chopped peanuts for serving
1. In medium bowl, combine pineapple juice, garlic, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, ginger, honey, and sesame oil. Thinly slice frozen meat, add to marinade and toss to coat. Let marinate 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Heat large stainless steel skillet on medium-high. Add 1 tablespoon canola oil. Transfer half of beef mixture to skillet, arrange in even layer, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook without moving until lightly browned, 1 minute. Toss beef and continue to cook until just cooked through and crisp at edges, 2 minutes. Transfer to plate. Repeat with remaining tablespoon oil and beef.
3. Serve immediately with lettuce leaves, sticky rice, scallions, chiles, and peanuts, if desired.